Ayurveda teaches us that doing seasonal cleanses is good for our body, as a way to rid toxins and fortify our insides, based on what is happening in our surroundings. The juncture of the seasons is an especially important time for us to be mindful of our practices to maintain our positive health.
These soup cleanses allow our bodies to get rid of ama (toxins), and the summer soup cleanse has been developed to be a longer 7-day program. Focusing on:
- honoring the summer solstice,
- welcoming the shift of seasons,
- giving our bodies a deep cleanse while supporting our immune system and providing ideal energy,
- getting realigned & ready for the summer months.
If you're new to the soup cleanse and wondering why soup? Well, simply put, in the eyes of Ayurveda juice cleanses are not good for our system because of it's cold, raw nature and often time mixing of veggies & fruits together, which is considered virudha ahara (incomparable diet). Plus if you remember what we said about Kapha season and its qualities, the last thing we want is to introduce more cold, dense drinks into our system. We are trying to rid of the accumulation that has occurred of said qualities.
This is now our fourth soup cleanse as a community and I just love how the group keeps growing with folks from across the states taking part, cooking their own soups, offering feedback and support to each other not only during the 3-day cleanse but also before during prep work and post with how they feel. Now we are expanding into a 7-day program! The agenda for the FREE program looks like this:
- Thursday, June 21st: Summer Solstice Celebration - Live Surya Namaskar (sun salutations) celebration yoga practice via our FB group + Intention setting
- Friday, June 22nd: Cooking/Prep Day
- Saturday - Monday, June 23-25th: 5 Soups. 3 Days. Time to cleanse!
- Tuesday, June 26th: Transition Day + Check in via our FB group + Learn how to maintain balance for the rest of the summer!
- Wednesday, June 27th: Full Moon Ritual - Celebrate the full moon by learning how to make ghee + a bath ritual.
I searched high and low for the perfect soup cleanse recipe book that understood the principles of Ayurveda and I love my soupelina's soup cleanse recipe book by Elina Fuhrman for this reason. The recipes come from the book but we are not following her suggestions for the summer soup cleanse, I have crafted my own. The soup cleanse consists of five different soups a day for three days. You can do anywhere from 3-5 days, but we keep it to three days for the group. The soups are:
- Breakfast: Easy Peas-y
- Mid-morning snack: A-lotta avocado
- Lunch: Cauliflower Me, maybe?
- Mid-afternoon snack: Veggie Healing broth
- Dinner: Cure for the common kohlrabi
If you want to be a part of the cleanse program just fill out the form below, or sign up here to let me know you're down! Doesn't matter where you are physically located, it's all going down virtually. I will send out the details to the group. All you have to do is join the FB group, buy your stuff, make your soups and share!
The most common feedback I've gotten is that people wanted to join the cleanse but couldn't find the time to cook. For those located in the Bay Area who are interested in joining the cleanse and would prefer to outsource the actually cooking, send me an email for pricing and logistics. This is a limited offer.
"The soup cleanse was exactly the reset my system needed. Though it wasn't exactly easy, it was more effective at solving my GI issues than anything else. Since the cleanse, I've found myself taking a more thoughtful approach to my cravings and the food I eat. I'm looking forward to making it a regular part of my seasonal routine." - Fall Soup Cleanse participant.